Monday, December 10, 2007

Sara Bareilles - I'm Not Gonna Write You A Love Song

Sara Bareilles is a newcomer to the music industry.

So far she has released one independent album besides her current major-label album, Little Voice.

As with all new shaky relationships, e.g. her new label, she has turned her frustrations into a hit love song: "I'm Not Gonna Write You A Love Song".

It's funny considering there's a chorus in this song that rings: “I’m not gonna write you a love song ‘cause you tell me it’s make or breaking this.”

Liz Bowles, from The New Bern Sun Journal had the opportunity to interview Sara recently, where she said:

“It’s directed at the idea of my record label, actually,” said Bareilles. “It came out of frustration with feeling like I wasn’t pleasing anybody with my writing, and it was a song that came out just for me to try to get back to the focus of songwriting and my original intentions of doing it. It was just a little stick it to them.”

‘Sticking it to them’ seems to have worked out well for both artists as well as music fans everywhere. Bareilles reaps the benefits of a hot single pushing her debut album further up the charts.

Here's Sara Bareilles on the "Late Late Show" singing her love song:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is where there are different news about this album: http://lavamus.com/Album/2455463/Sara_Bareilles/Little_Voice__Special_Edition_/mp3/